Have you stumbled across conflicting information while researching the low FODMAP diet? That’s not uncommon, as research in this area is still on going, not all foods have been tested for FODMAPs to date, and some laboratories may use different testing methods. Although the following websites and resources may also have some conflicting information, they are excelllent resources for the most up-to-date information on the low FODMAP diet.
The consulting dietitians listed below provide support and counseling for people who need help with a low FODMAP diet for IBS. If you are a health professional with experience with the low FODMAP diet and would like to be included in our directory, please contact us.
Adrienne Aldous, PhD., R.D.
The Innovative Nutritionist
Salt Lake City, UT
Barbara Bradley Bolen, Ph.D.
Patsy Catsos, MS, RD, LD
Nutrition Works, LLC
Erica Ilton, RD, CDN
New York, NY 10010
Katie Jones, MS, RD, CLT
Diane Keddy, MS, RD, FAED
Newport Beach, CA
Kim Kulp, RDN
Health Tastes Great!
Mill Valley, CA
Kate Scarlata, RD
EA Stewart, MBA, RD
Spicy RD Nutrition
Del Mar. CA
Good Nutrition for Good Living
- IBS-Free at Last
- Kate Scarlata, RD
- Monash University: The Monash University Low FODMAP diet
- Stanford University ~ Low FODMAP Diet
- IBS-Free at Last by Patsy Catsos, MS, RD, LD
- The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Eating Well with IBS by Kate Scarlata, RD, LDN
- The Monash University Low FODMAP Diet booklet
- The Monash University Low FODMAP Diet app
- FODMAP Diet App (Free) Luke Fabish has designed an app to search for foods that may trigger IBS symptoms like High FODMAP food items and has some low-FODMAP recipe suggestions too.
Gibson PR, Shepherd SJ. Personal view: food for thought western lifestyle and susceptibility to Crohn’s disease. The FODMAP hypothesis. Aliment. Pharmacol. Ther. 2005; 21: 1399–409.
Gibson PR, Shepherd SJ. Evidence-based dietary management of functional gastrointestinal symptoms: The FODMAP approach. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2010 Feb;25(2):252-8.
Staudacher HM, Whelan K, Irving PM, Lomer MC. Comparison of symptom response following advice for a diet low in fermentable carbohydrates (FODMAPs) versus standard dietary advice in patients with irritable bowel syndrome. J Hum Nutr Diet. 2011 Oct;24(5):487-95.