Good and heart-y. Delicious and easy to make casserole.
|Preparation Time||Time To Table|
|25 min.||45 min.|
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/2 C. red onion, dicedFODMAP
- 3 garlic clove(s), mincedFODMAP
- 3 chicken breast(s), boneless, skinless, cut into cubes or pieces
- 14 oz. black beans canned , rinse and drain, no added sodiumFODMAP
- 1 C. g.f. chicken broth
- 7 3/4 oz. salsa de chile frescoFODMAP
- 8 corn tortilla(s) , cut into small strips
- 1 C. cheddar cheese , shredded
- 2 C. spinach, chopped
- vegetable cooking spray
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Heat oil in large skillet. Add onion and garlic and sauté 1 minute. Add chicken and cook thoroughly. Transfer mixture to bowl, stir in beans, and spinach.
Pour broth and salsa de chile fresco into pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes; set aside.
Spray baking dish with cooking spray. Cover bottom of dish with tortilla strips and layer chicken mixture and tortilla strips until gone. Pour broth mix over chicken mixture. Cover with cheese and bake for 10 minutes.