This delicious soup is perfect for a cold winter evening or a fun garden dinner in the summer. Light, and flavorful, with a lot of veggies for health.
|Preparation Time||Time To Table|
|10 min.||50 min.|
- 4 Tbsp. extra light olive oil
- 1/2 C. onion(s), dicedFODMAP
- 1/2 C. celery, dicedFODMAP
- 1 Tbsp. garlic clove(s), mincedFODMAP
- 1/4 C. ginger, fresh, minced or grated
- 3 C. carrot(s), peeled and chopped (1/2" chunks); about 5-6 carrots
- 3 C. g.f. chicken broth , or vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp. white pepper
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt, or, to taste
- 1/4 tsp. pepper, or, to taste
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 C. orange juice
- 3 chives, chopped or scallions, for garnish
- 1/4 C. sour cream FODMAP
Heat olive oil in cook pot and add onions and celery, cook about 3 minutes.
Add garlic and ginger, cook around 30 seconds. Place all the carrots in the pot and cook till slightly softened, around 10 minutes.
Add broth, white pepper, salt, black pepper and bay leaf and bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer, cover and cook soup until carrots are tender, about 40 minutes. Remove bay leaf and add orange juice.
In small batches, puree with a blender or food processor.
Serve and garnish with a dollop of sour cream and some chives or scallions.