Short on time, but not on flavor. This cioppino is delicious and easy to make.
|Preparation Time||Time To Table|
|5 min.||25 min.|
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small red onion, dicedFODMAP
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and diced
- 2 cloves garlic clove(s), mincedFODMAP
- 25 oz. marinara sauce
- 8 oz. clam juice , bottle
- 2/3 C. white wine, Dry or Vegetable broth
- Dash red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1/4 tsp. basil, dried
- 3/4 lb. cod, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 lb. shrimp, medium raw, peeled, deveined
- 6 oz. clams , can, chopped
In a large saucepan, heat the oil and add the onion, pepper and sauté around 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook another minute.
Stir in the marinara sauce, clam juice, wine or broth, red pepper, and basil. Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
Add the cod and simmer 5 minutes. Add the shrimp and clams and simmer only till the shrimp are opaque and cooked through, about 3 minutes.