A family favorite, from young to old. So good, so filling. Bet you can’t eat just one bowl.
|Preparation Time||Time To Table|
|20 min.||60 min.|
- 3 Tbsp. butter , or olive oil
- 1/2 C. red onion, choppedFODMAP
- 1/2 C. red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 C. swiss chard, shredded or spinach. About 2 leaves, rib removed
- 11/2 tsp. g.f. curry powder
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 C. tomato(es), fresh, chopped
- 2 cans kidney beans, don't rinse or drain, drain and rinse for less sodium, then add more water to soup.FODMAP
- 16 oz. coconut milk, canned
- 1/2 C. basmati brown rice, cooked
In a large soup pot, melt butter or oil; sauté onions, red pepper, swiss chard.
Add curry, salt and pepper. Add tomatoes and simmer for 2 minutes.
Add beans, coconut milk, and simmer for 10 minutes. Do not bring to boil. Add rice and adjust seasoning to taste.