Squash and cranberries say Fall pie, doesn’t always have to be pumpkin.
|Preparation Time||Time To Table|
|20 min.||90 min.|
- 2 C. butternut squash, cooked and mashed, or acorn squash.
- 3 egg(s)
- 1/2 C. apple juice , fresh when possibleFODMAP
- 1/2 C. sour cream FODMAP
- 1/2 C. brown sugar
- 1/2 C. cranberries, roughly chopped
- sea salt, Dash
- 1 C. dates, pitted. For crustFODMAP
- 2 C. walnuts, chopped. For crust
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil, add to dates and walnuts for crust
Preheat over to 350.
Can go crustless OR make date and walnut crust: put dates, walnuts, and oil in blender or food processor and process till mealy. Press into pie pan, no need to bake, just add filling.
Spread squash onto a paper towel on a dry surface and let soak for 5-10 minutes to remove excess moisture.
Combine squash, eggs, juice, sour cream, sweetener, and salt into a large mix bowl or food processor and blend until smooth.
Stir in chopped cranberries and pour into pie crust. Place back in oven for 75-80 minutes or until set, crust may be dark.