Delicious citrus infused kale salad. Red and green colors make it a colorful salad for a holiday table.
|Preparation Time||Time To Table|
|10 min.||25 min.|
- 2 Tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. honey, or raw honeyFODMAP
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil , or lemon flavored
- 1 Tbsp. lemon(s), zest and 1 Tbsp fresh juice
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 2 Tbsp. dried cranberriesFODMAP
- 1 bunch kale, 1/2 to 1 pound
- 1 carrot(s), shredded
- 1/4 C. red onion, ringsFODMAP
- 2 Tbsp almonds, lightly toasted
- 2 Tbsp. parmesan cheese , shaved or shredded
Whisk both vinegars, honey, oil and salt in a small bowl.
Combine kale, carrots, onion, cranberries, and nuts. Drizzle with dressing, toss to coat and let marinate for 15 minutes at room temperature.
Season to taste with salt and pepper. Top with parmesan cheese (if eating dairy) and serve.
Optional Toppings: sliced strawberries, feta cheese, avocado slices