If you’ve never tasted quinoa, let this be your introduction to the only grain that packs a protein punch. This is a delicious salad with or without the shrimp. A tangy delight sure to win over everyone into quinoa lovers.
|Preparation Time||Time To Table|
|8 min.||40 min.|
- 1/4 C. lime juice
- 1/2 tsp. white pepper
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 C. dill weed, Fresh, or 1/2 tsp. dried
- 1/4 C. olive oil, I like to use lemon flavored olive oil
- 3 C. water
- 1 1/2 C. quinoa
- 1/2 C. feta cheese , optional
- 1 lb. shrimp, deveined, shelled, cooked
- 1 C. cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 6 green onions, choppedFODMAP
- 1 cucumber(s), peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/2 C. red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- pepper, to taste
- sea salt, to taste
Whisk together first 5 ingredients and set dressing aside.
Cook the quinoa in the water according to package directions OR place quinoa in water, bring to boil, lower the heat and simmer uncovered for 10-15 minutes., till quinoa is barely cooked and water is all absorbed.
Let quinoa cool. Don’t rinse it.
In a large bowl, add next 6 ingredients. Once quinoa is cool add it to the bowl and mix well. Pour dressing over salad, mix well. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve it cold.