Quickest lentil soup I’ve ever made, lentils were still nice and soft without the overnight soaking. Tasty, flavorful and good for you.
|Preparation Time||Time To Table|
|15 min.||105 min.|
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 C. red onion, choppedFODMAP
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ginger, ground or 1Tbsp. fresh, grated
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. garlic clove(s), mincedFODMAP
- 4 C g.f. chicken broth
- 1 C. lentils
- 2 tomato(es), diced or 14-oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 carrot(s), diced
- 1 potato(es), russet, peeled and chopped
- 1 C. spinach, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. parmesan cheese , shredded
- 1 g.f. sausage , cooked, chopped (optional)
Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion, sauté for 2 minutes. Add turmeric and next 6 ingredients and sauté for 1 minute. Add chicken broth, lentils, tomatoes, potatoes and carrots. Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
Add spinach 20 minutes before done. Sprinkle with parmesan.
If using, add sausage 15 minutes before done. Serve.