Better than most Italian restaurants. This thick and delicious minestrone soup is chocked full of vegetables and flavor.
|Preparation Time||Time To Table|
|15 min.||90 min.|
- 1/2 C. onion(s), choppedFODMAP
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 2 14-oz. frozen mixed vegetables, frozen or cannedFODMAP
- 28 oz. g.f. vegetable broth
- 1 15-0z red kidney beans, undrainedFODMAP
- 14 oz. diced tomatoes, Italian Style
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 8 oz. stewed tomatoes , Italian Style
- 3 cloves garlic clove(s), choppedFODMAP
- 1/2 tsp. basil leaves, powder or 2 Tbsp. fresh basil
- 2 C spinach, chopped or 1/2 pkg frozen, thawed and drained
- 1/4 C. parmesan cheese , grated, optional
- 1 C. g.f. macaroni , dry
Saute’ onion in butter. When onions are soft, add mixed vegetables.
Add next eight ingredients. Cook for 30 min. on low heat.
Take out ½ the soup mixture and puree in blender or food processor. I like to use the hand blenders right in the pot. Return pureed mixture to soup and mix well. Add macaroni and cook till the noodles are al dente about 15-20 mins. Add parmesan cheese and serve.