Delicious, creamy, heart warming comfort food. Chocked full of vegetables that tops the taste meter.
|Preparation Time||Time To Table|
|10 min.||25 min.|
- 1/2 C. onion(s), choppedFODMAP
- 1/4 C. butter
- 1/2 C. carrot(s), chopped
- 1/2 C. celery, choppedFODMAP
- 1/3 C. g.f. all-purpose baking flour
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 1/2 C. water
- 16 oz. diced tomatoes, fresh, chopped or canned
- 12 oz. g.f. chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp. g.f. curry powder
- 1/8 tsp. white pepper
- 12 oz. shrimp, fresh or frozen (thawed), rinsed and pat dry
- 1 C. half and half FODMAP
In large saucepan, melt the butter. Add the onion, carrots, celery and cook till softened.
Add the flour and salt and stir till smooth. Stir in water, tomatoes, broth and 2 Tbsp. sherry (optional), mix well. Add bay leaf, curry powder and pepper. Add the shrimp and cook 2-3 minutes. Turn heat off and let cool for 5 minutes. Remove bay leaf and a few whole shrimp (for garnish).
Transfer soup to blender or food processor and puree until smooth. Return to saucepan, stir in half and half and cook at medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring.
Garnish with shrimp and chopped chives or scallions.